- William Morris Unbound, written by Tony Pinkney, editor of We Met Morris: Interviews with William Morris, 1885-96 (2005) and author of William Morris in Oxford: The Campaigning Years, 1879-1895 (2007), contains varied and interesting comments "on and around William Morris and his work."
- William Morris Gallery & Vestry House Museum, Walthamstow covers the current situation at the gallery, aiming to "Keep Our Museums Open."
- Margaret, in Canada, has The Earthly Paradise: William Morris and the Arts and Crafts Movement. There is a strong interest here in the gothic revival.
- Art Magick has a blog (see under "Forum") with comments and announcements, but the great value of the site is in the truly comprehensive listings of exhibitions of nineteenth century art.
- The Beautiful Necessity, the work of Grace, from Ohio, is among the better (and most active) blogs devoted to the Pre-Raphaelites.
- Stephanie Pina maintains two "companion sites," Lizziesiddal.com and The Pre-Raphaelite Sisterhood. Both include commentary, many images, and lists of links.
26 April 2008
We are Not Alone: William Morris in the Blogosphere
Since inaugurating News from Anywhere we wondered what other blogs there might be which touch on William Morris, the Pre-Raphaleites, and the Arts and Crafts movement. A quick search in Google Blogs resulted in a plethora of references but only a relative handful of blogs primarily devoted to these subjects.
Labels: William Morris